Tips On Research Writing - Study Guide. You Will Need Your Textbook To Answer These Questions.
1. What are the three steps to take in first establishing an outline?
2. In a research paper or report, what should you cover first?
3. Explain the longitudinal and cross-sectional approaches to outlining discussion of more than one view on an issue.
4. Whare the two purposes of introductions?
5. Why describe before you analyze?
6. What are some things to remember if you want your paper / report to flow logically so that your reader can follow it?
7. What's a "bulge" in a research paper or report?
8. What is the mark of an educated person?
9. Explain types of flawed argumentation?
10. When should you not use quotations? Do you agree with the author's position that your quotations should be few? Why or why not?
11. Why would you use "notes" or "citations" in your research paper / report?
12. What should you avoid in a conclusion?
Persuasive Writing - Part One
Persuasive Writing, Part 2
Practice / Assignment
Take a research project you have recently done and run it by the suggestions in this chapter. What would you change in the way it's been written?